Monday, August 14, 2006

Does violence beget peace?

I don’t know a great deal about the politics that are surrounding the conflict that is currently occurring in Israel and Lebanon, so I won’t say anything about that. However I will say that I cannot agree with the killing of people as a way of assuring a political position in ANY circumstance. Show me a war that ever brought about peace? How many wars do we have to fight in our world before we realise that killing does NOT resolve the conflicts within our conscience? Albert Einstein said “It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.” If you want to realise the brutality of war then click here, however I warn you that these images are graphic and disturbing as they illustrate the horror that armed conflict brings upon people's lives, if they survive the bombardment.
Simon

1 Comments:

At 19 February, 2007 17:47 , Blogger Jono said...

I agree very much so with this post. Liking the blog also. I agree with the whole war does not bring peace thing. War and peace are practically opposites. I'm sure if you typed "war" into thesaurus.com, you'd get peace under the antonym section. But I havn't tried that yet!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home