Friday, June 29, 2007

My Favourite CD's

Ok, firstly I must give credit to JC, the main man, the guy we all love, yes you guessed itJono Croxford for this idea (his blog has a list of favourite movies). So, here it is, the definitive collection, the albums that changed my life (in no particular order):

1. Ben Harper: Diamonds on the inside
2. Rage Against The Machine: Rage Against The Machine
3. Metallica: Master of Puppets
4. Manic Street Preachers: This is my truth, tell me yours
5. Dream Theater: Scenes From a Memory
6. Counting Crows: August and Everything After
7. Pearl Jam: Ten
8. Pearl Jam: Vitalogy
9. The Beatles: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
10. Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon

Thoughts, comments, flames? Music is a wonderful creative force in our world. I grew up with people who told me that some music is "evil" and that other music is "satanic". Music, for me, is music. It's a creative dance between the song writer and the listener. We all hear different things in music, and interpret lyrics in different ways. It is a wonderful thing to be moved by the images, words, and sounds of a musician.

3 Comments:

At 29 June, 2007 21:46 , Blogger Jono said...

Ah! I like all of these CDs except for the ones I don't know. I agree with you about there being no "evil" music. I am a fan of all types of music. All. Except for rap. That is not music, it is shouting. Or speaking. Classical music is awesome, so is lyric music, and Dream Theater Music is good too. I lvoe that Scenes from a memopry was included on this list. Clearly the best Dream Theater Album.

 
At 29 June, 2007 23:57 , Blogger B.C. said...

Simon: I have not heard all, but will add them to the growing list of things to listen to. I love Ben Harper, and Diamonds does provide some awesome songs. As does Sgt. Peppers. As most people agree.

Jono: I don't know how much rap you've explored, but maybe naively, I'm presuming not that much. I think you should, because it is much more than 'speaking'.

 
At 02 July, 2007 09:58 , Blogger Sime said...

Ben,
Agree! Rap explores many social issues that need to be expressed. Granted, some rap is more concerned with wealth, power, and sex, but a great deal of it is trying to express what life is like for people. So, Jono, get BC to give you an intro to rap; I'm sure your eyes will be opened to new expressions of life.
Sime

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home