Friday, October 05, 2007

When you've got nothing really to say...

Ok, I've been on holidays for all of September which was fantastic! B and I went to Lakes Entrance for a week which was magnificent. It is a beautiful spot. I loved being able to go on long walks, which were so relaxing and I was able to marvel at the beauty of our natural world, and spend some quality time with G-o-d.

I wrote awhile ago about my period of struggle, not really having any certainty of where I was called to be and where God was within that difficulty. Now, I can safely say, I have definitely come through the other side of that period. Whilst it was difficult, I really believe that we cannot avoid times of struggle. In fact, I would say that if we don't experience times of difficulty then I don't reckon we're really engaging with a process that is reflective upon one's life. Whenever I go through challenges, I find myself processing where can I experience God in all of this. Sometimes, God feels distant, like a thought but not really a reality. Even in these times, I believe that God is still working within my life and my context, almost in spite of how I am feeling about God, God is still there.

So, I am really excited about the end of the year and seeing all the possibilities for me, in ministry, and looking out for God in the daily ho-hum stuff of life.
Peace

1 Comments:

At 18 October, 2007 17:39 , Blogger Jono said...

Sounds good. It's great to hear you have worked this stuff out now. It will be awesome to see what the future has in store for you, now. Like you said, it will be exciting to see what possibilities for you arise at the end fo the year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home