Monday, August 06, 2007

Wasted days?

I've been thinking a lot about song lyrics lately, well the reality is that I'm almost always thinking/singing/humming some sort of tune in my head. As you may have noticed, my last two posts featured song lyrics in some way (it was subtle in the most recent). Anyway, I've got the words to a song stuck in my head at the moment, a song called Frantic by Metallica. The lyrics pose a really interesting question:

"If I could have my wasted days back,
Would I use them to get back on track?"

And so I wonder, if I could have the time in my life that I have wasted, neglected, or missed out on opportunities, would I actually use that time in a better way? Or, is my current state of being a consequence of my choices, and if I am happy in my state of being, would I want to change the things I am not proud of? Maybe it is more helpful to look ahead than look at the past? But, the past shapes me in so many ways. Hmmm, interesting conundrum.

4 Comments:

At 07 August, 2007 08:43 , Blogger B.C. said...

The past shapes you, but you cannot reshape the past. It is worth remembering and learning from, but the future is what you have determination over. If you are not proud of something you did, do what you can to not do it again, and to rectify the situation with anyone that it might need to be, but don't go drowning in thoughts/despair over it.

Also, perhaps the days you think were wasted now, might not seem so wasted later.

Peace.

PS I thought your blog was Fuzzypad for a while.

 
At 09 August, 2007 10:16 , Blogger Jono said...

Yes, your blog does look a lot like FuzzyPad right now. Ha!
But yes, I have thought about this a lot, and about regret and what not. I believe, that although I have wasted much time, and made many descisions that me, as a person now, would not make, and done abd stuff etc., I would still not change anything in my past. I say this, because I would not want anything to change that would change who I was as a person today. Sure, there are cx5rap things that I may 'regret' as such, but if I had not had those crap things, would I be different now, and not be in the position in lfie that I am in now? Argh! Confuzzling.
Conclusion: If I had a chance to fix up problems in the past, I would not take them. Only fix up problems in the future, or in the present.

 
At 09 August, 2007 10:20 , Blogger Sime said...

Great thoughts both of you. I agree that the past shapes and forms who we are in the present. If I think back and change one thing, then imagine the chain reaction of events that would occur? My life, as it is now, would not look like it does.

Feel free to write fuzzy's on this page. I heard that fuzzy pad is dead and a new beast has risen...my blog of friendliness!! :)

 
At 10 August, 2007 12:40 , Blogger Jono said...

Fuzzy Pad is only as dead as the people who write (or don't write) fuzzies in it. It is still alive. Post a fuzzy, and you'll see. It still gets approx. 45 visits a week.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home